Mirova obtains the new “Energy and Ecological Transition for Climate” label for its three funds
Mirova, an asset management company dedicated to responsible investment, today announced that the Mirova Environmental Europe Equity Fund, Mirova Green Bond–Global and Mirova-Eurofideme 3 funds have been awarded the new “Energy and Ecological Transition for Climate”, audited by Ernst & Young. Mirova’s three core flagship funds allow it to be recognised as a pioneering and demanding player in the financing of energy transition.
The label was established by the French M to mobilise savings towards energy and environmental transition.
The “Energy and Ecological Transition for Climate” label is part of public policy under France’s Law on Energy Transition for Green Growth of August 2015. The label requires:
- significant investment of labelled funds in companies and projects related to energy and ecological transition,
- measurement of the actual environmental impact of the portfolio by means of impact indicators regarding climate change, water, natural resources and biodiversity,
- active management of any major risk of environmental social or governance controversy.
It allows the identification of investment funds that finance the green economy, encourages the creation of new green funds, and facilitates reporting on the green part of corporate activities.
Mirova’s three labelled flagship funds
Mirova offers concrete solutions for equity, fixed income and infrastructure asset classes to redirect capital to support investments in energy transition:
- Mirova Eurofideme 3 is a renewable energy infrastructure fund, totally dedicated to investment in clean energy.
It invests in projects that produce energy from renewable resources (onshore wind, photovoltaic, hydro and cogeneration from biomass combustion) in Europe, both for future projects and those already in operation. It is the 3rd generation of Renewable Energy infrastructure funds developed by Mirova, which over the past 10 years has allowed the financing of 730 MW of new generating capacity and helped avoid 1.4 million tons of CO2 emissions.
- Mirova Green Bond - Global is a SICAV which invests in debt securities supporting energy and ecological transition, described as green bonds by the research team responsible for Mirova investment. By financing tangible assets and ensuring transparency on the destination of the capital raised, it allows issuers to diversify their investor base and investors to actively participate in financing energy transition.
- Environmental Mirova Europe Equity Fund is a thematic equity fund. It invests in shares of European companies that are positively exposed to environmental issues. The management team favours shares that provide innovative solutions covering three major themes: energy efficiency, food production cycle and water management. These companies have sustainable business models and create long-term value.
Philippe Zaouati, CEO of Mirova, commented on the announcement: “We are proud to be one of the first asset management companies to receive this new label for our products. Energy transition will only succeed if we manage to mobilise the savings of private investors. We must therefore offer solutions that address climate issues while generating the performance expected by investors. The three labelled funds are representative of our three core areas of expertise and are based on sophisticated analysis performed by our research teams.”
Mirova offers a global responsible investing approach involving Equities, Fixed Income, General and Renewable Energy Infrastructure, Impact Investing, and Voting and Engagement. It has €6 billion in assets under management and €40 billion in Voting and Engagement. Its team of circa 60 multidisciplinary experts include specialists in thematic investment management, engineers, financial and environmental, social and governance analysts, project financing specialists and experts in solidarity finance.
(1) Source : Mirova – 32/03/2016.
Natixis Asset Management ranks among the leading European asset managers1 with €347 billion in assets under management and 712 employees2. Natixis Asset Management offers its clients tailored, innovative and efficient solutions organised into six investment divisions:
Fixed income, European equities, Investment and client solutions, Structured products and volatility developed by Seeyond, Global emerging developed by Emerise, and Responsible Investing developed by Mirova.
1 Source: IPE Top 400 Asset Managers 2015 ranked Natixis Asset Management as the 46th largest asset manager based on global assets under management, and by the country of the main headquarters and/or main European domicile, as of 31 December 2014.
2 Source: Natixis Asset Management - Natixis Asset Management Asia Limited as of 31 March 2016.
Reference to a ranking does not indicate the future performance of the fund manager.
Seeyond is a brand of Natixis Asset Management. Emerise is a brand of Natixis Asset Management and Natixis Asset Management Asia Limited with teams in Paris and Singapore. Natixis Asset Management Asia Limited is an asset manager, 100% subsidiary of Natixis Asset Management.
Mirova is a subsidiary of Natixis Asset Management.