Groupe BPCE appoints Benoît Gausseron as Groupe BPCE Head of Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Benoît Gausseron is to manage the Paris 2024 Games for Groupe BPCE, in the Group’s role as premium partner of the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. In this function, he will report to Laurent Mignon, Chairman of the Groupe BPCE Management Board.
Groupe BPCE is developing an ambitious multi-faceted program around this historic event which is designed to:
- Make the Games a lever of development and innovation for all the Group’s companies, particularly by harnessing the many business opportunities they offer in all our territories;
- Position Groupe BPCE as a leading player in the sports industry;
- Promote the Banque Populaire, Caisse d’Epargne, Natixis, Banque Palatine, Crédit Coopératif, Casden Banque Populaire and Oney brands, through their respective sporting and societal commitments;
- Mark the games with a lasting imprint, thanks to actions focused on inclusion, diversity and environmental excellence;
- Unite Groupe BPCE’s 100,000 staff around the values of team spirit and initiative, excelling oneself and solidarity;
- Develop the engagement of Groupe BPCE and its companies by providing support for 140 high-level French athletes with the aim of seeing a new generation of athletes and para-athletes emerge for 2024.
Profile of Benoît Gausseron
Benoît Gausseron graduated from the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po) and Paris IV-Sorbonne University, and commands over 20 years’ experience in communications in both the public and private sectors. Between 2002 and 2006, he was Technical Staff Advisor in charge of Press and Communications, notably for France’s Ministers for the Economy and Finance (Francis Mer and Thierry Breton) and to the Minister for Social Cohesion (Jean-Louis Borloo). From 2006 to 2008, based in New York, he served as Head of Communications, North America, for the Invest in France agency. In October 2008, he joined the Dexia group as Head of Brand and Communications, and Executive Committee member. Between 2012 and 2018, Benoît Gausseron was Deputy Managing Director for the communications consultancy Taddeo. He was named Head of Communications for Groupe BPCE in 2018 before becoming Head of Communications for Natixis in June 2018.